PROFESSIONALISM. PREPARATION. RESULTS.
Las Cruces Bicycle Accident Attorney
Work With Doña Ana County’s Best Bicycle Accident Attorney
File a Successful Personal Injury Claim & Get Help From a Bicycle Accident Attorney
Our Las Cruces bicycle accident attorney at the Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan understands just how difficult it can be to recover from a personal injury that was caused by another’s negligence. Severe injuries that result from bicycle accidents often leave our clients with life-changing injuries that require long-term medical care and lengthy absences from work – if they are able to return to full-time employment at all.
Our Las Cruces, New Mexico bicycle accident lawyer will pursue the best financial outcome available for your unique case by strategically reviewing your overall medical, emotional, and financial needs, so you are never left paying for your injuries out of your own pocket.
We Prepare Your Claim
Get Dedicated Advocacy
Why Choose Us
- Passion — Our Las Cruces bicycle accident attorney, Kenneth G. Egan, is passionate about protecting cyclists all around New Mexico.
- Expertise — If you’re involved in a bicycle accident case, maximize your recovery by hiring a professional bicycle accident lawyer with a long track record of success.
- Personalized Service — We keep you up to date on everything that happens in your case.
- Experience — Your personal injury case is too critical to trust to a new, inexperienced lawyer. Trust Kenneth G. Egan for your bicycle injury case; work with an attorney with 30 years of experience working on similar cases in and around Doña Ana County.
- Affordable — Our law offices prioritize your financial outcome over ours. We never charge higher fees than a client will recover.
- Success — To help maximize your chances of obtaining a full settlement, the Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan treats each case with the unique approach it calls for. As no two cases are the same, we custom-tailor our service to meet the specific needs of each and every case, working diligently to find the best possible solution for you. Read about our past history of success winning cases for injured bicyclists. Our experienced bicycle accident attorneys are here to fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Bicycle Accident Statistics In The U.S. And The State of New Mexico
While there are many factors that can increase bicycle accident conditions, including the time of day, and whether the rider is in an urban or rural area, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration lists that of the 840 total bicyclist fatalities that occurred last year in the U.S.:
- 95% were involved in single-vehicle crashes
- 78% were struck by the front of the vehicle
A report compiled by the University of New Mexico and the New Mexico Department of Transportation listed that last year in our state there were:
- 360 bicycle accidents involving a passenger vehicle
- Over 300 injuries reported ranging from catastrophic to minor
- Four people fatality injured
If you were hurt while riding, and a negligent driver was at fault, our bicycle accident lawyer in Las Cruces wants to help you hold that person responsible for your complete injuries and the financial fallout that occurred as a result of the crash. No matter the negligent cause of your bicycle accident with injury, you deserve financial restitution, and our Las Cruces personal injury law firm has a proven track record of producing results.
What Are the Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Las Cruces, New Mexico?
At the Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan, our Las Cruces bicycle accident lawyer has spent nearly three decades successfully representing personal injury victims throughout New Mexico. One of our legal focuses is on bicycle accident injury victims because we know just how devastating these crashes can be.
In most bicycle accident cases, driver inattention or distracted driving is one of the main causes of these types of collisions throughout the state.
Other sources of negligence can create equally dangerous circumstances for bicyclists including drivers who:
- Fail to yield to a bicyclist’s right of way
- Are under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Make improper turns
- Drive recklessly
- Follow bicyclists too closely
- Disregard traffic signs and signals
- Improperly back up or open car doors without first looking for bicyclists
When a car collides with a bicycle, the accident can lead to life-changing injuries that require specialized care and extended time to achieve progress. You are going to need financial help to recover from your injuries, and at the Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan, our bicycle accident attorney near Las Cruces, New Mexico provides solutions.
Serious Injuries Result From Bicycle Accidents in Las Cruces, New Mexico
The sheer force of a car, truck, or SUV colliding with a bicyclist can be devastating to the rider’s livelihood – no matter what type of protective gear s/he is wearing. The weight of the vehicle against the vulnerable rider is only the beginning of how injuries can occur.
The speed of the car and the collision point with the bicycle factor in too, and can cause multiple injuries, which can include, but are not limited to:
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruising
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Neck and spine injuries
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Skin loss due to road rash, requiring grafting procedures
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Wrongful death
Our Las Cruces, New Mexico bicycle crash lawyer wants everyone in our community to understand that if they or someone they love was hurt in a bike accident, it is important that they contact our firm right away to ensure their rights are protected before speaking with the negligent driver’s insurance company. Do not allow the facts of your bicycle accident and the injuries that resulted become twisted during a conversation with the driver’s insurance representatives. Allow our Las Cruces bicycle accident attorney to speak on your behalf while you focus on recovering.
Laws Pertaining to Cyclists in New Mexico
Bicyclists are subject to the same rights and laws as other vehicles on the road. Because cars, trucks, and bicycles all share the same road, accidents are not uncommon. There are many areas of our New Mexico cities that are not bike-friendly — lacking bike lanes and requiring cyclists to ride on busy streets to get to their destinations.
Understanding our state’s bicycle laws will help you recognize when a driver has breached your rights and negligently put you at risk.
- When on the road, cyclists should ride in the rightmost lane available
- Cyclists are required to follow all traffic laws
- Cyclists cannot ride on sidewalks in most downtown areas
- Headlights and rear reflectors are required for night riding
- Bicycles must have working breaks, seats, and handlebars
- Motorists are required to give at least three feet of space to cyclists
- Motorists should not pass cyclists too closely
- Motorists must yield the right-of-way to bicyclists, in the same was as if they were another vehicle
Have you suffered a personal injury in a bicycle accident due to the negligence of a motorist? Contact the Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan today to speak with a personal injury attorney who can help you get the money you deserve from the injuries you have suffered.
Contact a Bicycle Accident Attorney in New Mexico Today
If you have been hurt in a bicycle accident, or have tragically lost a loved one in a bike crash, contact our accomplished bicycle injury attorney in Las Cruces, New Mexico at the Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan by calling (575) 523-2222 today to schedule a free case evaluation. Your injuries are going to require time to heal, and you should not have to pay for your medical care or lost wages. We will pursue the negligent driver who caused your injuries for your complete financial compensation recovery, so all you have to do is focus on healing. Our attorneys understand the laws governing all motorists in New Mexico and we will work hard to bring together all necessary evidence to establish the negligent behavior that led to your injuries.