Drowning Accident Lawyer near Las Cruces, NM
Consult the Best Drowning Accident and Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer today
Drowning Accident & Swimming Pool Injury Attorney near Las Cruces, NM
At the Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan, our compassionate drowning accident lawyer near Las Cruces, New Mexico represents parents, grandparents, siblings, and others who have experienced the tragedy of losing loved ones in fatal water accidents.
With nearly three decades of experience handling these catastrophic drowning accidents in Doña Ana County, our priority is to provide justice for the families who have suffered a great personal loss. Our Las Cruces drowning accident attorneys are also dedicated to creating significant changes in safety measures and supervision procedures so no one else has to experience the heartbreak of losing a loved one in these preventable accidents.
We Prepare Your Claim
Get Dedicated Advocacy
Why Choose Us
- Expertise — Maximize your recovery by hiring a professional injury lawyer with a nearly 30-year track record of success.
- Passion —When someone’s negligence leads to the death of your loved one, you need legal help right away. The Las Cruces drowning accident attorney, Kenneth G. Egan, is committed to providing families with the monetary compensation they need for covering everything from funeral costs to mental anguish when wrongful death occurs.
- Personalized Service — Our team of expert attorneys keep you up to date on everything that happens in your case.
- Experience — Your wrongful death or personal injury case is too important to trust to a new, inexperienced lawyer. Rely on Kenneth G. Egan for your New Mexico drowning accident case.
- Affordable — Our law offices prioritize your financial outcome over our own. We never charge higher fees than you will recover when you win your case.
- Success — To help maximize your chances of obtaining a full settlement, the Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan treats each case with the unique approach it calls for. As no two cases are the same, we custom-tailor our service to meet the specific needs of each and every case and client, working diligently to find the best possible solution for you. Read about our past history of success winning wrongful death, personal injury, and drowning accident cases.
How Many Drowning Accidents Occur Each Year In The United States?
For more than 30 years, our Las Cruces, New Mexico drowning accident lawyer has changed safety protocols throughout the state by holding negligent property owners and operators responsible for drowning accidents that occur under their supervision. Our law firm fully believes that one drowning accident in Las Cruces is too many. Unfortunately, they continue to occur throughout the nation.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, in the United States:
- Ten people die from unintentional drownings each day
- Of those ten people, two are children aged 14 and under
- Children aged 1-4 have the highest drowning rates
- On average, there are over 3,500 fatal unintentional drownings each year
- Drowning ranks fifth among the leading causes of unintentional injury death
- For every child who loses their life from drowning, another five receive emergency department care for near-drowning accidents
It is important to understand that any type of personal injury claim can begin as, or turn into, a wrongful death claim. If you have lost a loved one in an accident, our wrongful death lawyer in New Mexico will partner with you to pursue the negligent person, party, or company responsible so you can recover the financial losses that are associated with their death. Call us at (575) 523-2222 to get started today.
What Are Near-Drowning Accidents?
Near-drowning accidents are suffocation injuries caused by water submersions that are non-fatal.
When these accidents occur, the resulting injuries are unique to each victim. The submersion time, the lack of oxygen to the brain and other organs during that time, and the overall personal circumstances of the accident will dictate the medical outcomes and potential for recovery.
The CDC lists that more than 50% of non-fatal drowning accident victims require hospitalization or transfer to extended care facilities due to severe brain injuries resulting from the lack of oxygen the body received during the submersion.
In most bicycle accident cases, driver inattention or distracted driving is one of the main causes of these types of collisions throughout the state.
These long-term medical conditions can result in the victim experiencing:
- Memory problems
- Learning disabilities
- Permanent loss of basic functions
- Vegetative state
The medical costs associated with near-drowning accidents can cause severe financial hardships for family members who are charged with the injured person’s care. If your loved one has suffered long-term disabilities associated with near-drowning, our personal injury attorney in Las Cruces can help you hold the responsible party accountable for their negligence.
What Are The Common Causes of Drowning Accidents In Las Cruces
At the Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan, our New Mexico drowning accident lawyer understands that when a swimming pool accident occurs, there can be several supervision or safety issues that are responsible for the tragedy.
Common causes of drowning accidents can include, but are not limited to:
- Failure to supervise swimmers, especially unattended children
- Lack of lifeguards on duty, or improperly trained lifeguards who cannot assist struggling swimmers adequately
- Absence of barriers or fencing around pools or hot tubs that allow easy access to children, teens, and adults
- Lack of property maintenance, including failing to replace broken or defective drain covers
- Owner negligence, including the absence of signage that indicates the dangers of the pool-depth, diving, or swimming without a lifeguard on duty
- Improper chemical balance in pools and hot tubs causing hazy conditions and safety hazards
When there is water on the property, whether it is a private or public space with a swimming pool, lake, or retention pond, the owner has an obligation to keep visitors safe from any factor that could cause injury or death. When they fall short, our drowning accident attorney will provide the representation necessary to pursue financial recovery and safety reform on your behalf.
Who Is Liable For Las Cruces, New Mexico Drowning Accidents?
Like most personal injury or wrongful death cases, determining who is responsible calls for a thorough investigation by an experienced drowning accident lawyer to fully substantiate and build a case.
Each drowning accident and the circumstances surrounding the tragedy is different, and the responsible party could be a single homeowner or a combined group.
Commonly responsible parties can include, but are not limited to:
- Swimming pool owners
- Property owners and operators
- Maintenance crews
- Lifeguards or supervisors
- Product manufacturers
Our Las Cruces drowning accident attorney provides you with the professional approach you need to face the negligent party and their insurance company with confidence, which allows us to pursue justice for the victim and improve safety conditions for others going forward.
Determining who is liable in cases of wrongful death is essential for securing a full compensation. Liability depends on the situation in which the fatal accident occured.
The expenditures and heartbreaking loss of your loved one is tough enough on their own; seeking the compensation you and your family are due for medical costs, lost wages, funeral costs, and pain and suffering can help ease this difficult time.
Here in New Mexico, we have a lot of swimming pools, and unfortunately sometimes their use leads to someone getting hurt or killed in a swimming pool accident.
Without an experienced wrongful death attorney working for you, establishing liability can be extremely challenging. You may think that a drowning case is straightforward in terms of liability, and that you don’t need a lawyer. However, there are many ways defendants can get out of compensating you fully in wrongful death and premise liability cases. Make sure you maximize your recovery by hiring a New Mexico swimming pool accident attorney with experience and a proven track record of success. Contact us today for a free consultation for your case.
Contact The Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan For A Free Case Evaluation
If you or a loved one were the victim of a drowning or near-drowning accident here in New Mexico, contact our experienced Las Cruces drowning accident attorney today at (575) 523-2222 to schedule a free case evaluation. Attorney Kenneth G. Egan will pursue the negligent person or party that caused your accident to reach the financial recovery you deserve.