Las Cruces Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Work With Doña Ana County’s Best Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Our Las Cruces Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Will Get You Financial Compensation for Your Injuries.
At the Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan, our Las Cruces pedestrian accident lawyers have nearly three decades of experience representing individuals who have been injured by negligent drivers who collide with them while on foot.
Our Doña Ana County and Las Cruces pedestrian injury attorneys also provide exceptional legal representation for family members who have lost loved ones in these tragic pedestrian accidents, delivering financial recovery results in cases that involve both settlement negotiations and jury verdicts.
Choose The Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan for a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer With...
- Expertise — If you’re involved in a pedestrian accident case, maximize your recovery by hiring a professional pedestrian accident lawyer with a long track record of success in your specific type of incident. We have a high success rate for victims of personal injury.
- Personalized Service — We keep you up to date on everything that happens in your case, providing personal contact with all our clients.
- Experience — Your personal injury case is too critical to trust to a new, inexperienced lawyer. Our attorneys have over 30 years of experience with similar cases in and around Doña Ana County.
- Success — To help maximize your chances of obtaining a full settlement, the Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan treats each case with the unique approach it calls for. As no two cases are the same, we custom-tailor our service to meet the specific needs of each and every case, working diligently to find the best possible solution for you. Read about our past history of success winning cases for injured pedestrians.
You pay nothing unless and until we win your case.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics in the U.S. And New Mexico
Pedestrians are defined as any person who is on foot, walking, jogging, running, hiking, or sitting who is involved in a motor vehicle traffic crash.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, last year throughout the U.S.:
- There were 5,977 pedestrian accident deaths
- A pedestrian was killed every 1.5 hours on average in traffic crashes
- 16% of all traffic fatalities were pedestrians
- 90% of the pedestrians killed lost their lives in single-vehicle traffic crashes
The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention reported that last year alone:
- Emergency departments throughout the U.S. treated 129,000 pedestrian accident victims for non-fatal crash-related injuries
In the State of New Mexico, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported:
- 74 pedestrian accident fatalities last year
Pedestrian accidents in Las Cruces, New Mexico, can happen anywhere people are on foot, including crosswalks, sidewalks, trails, and parking lots, and garages. If you are hit and injured by a car, truck, or motorcycle, you are going to need superior legal representation to hold the driver responsible for your financial needs, and our Las Cruces pedestrian accident attorneys have a proven track record in supplying results for our clients.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Las Cruces
Pedestrian accidents can happen without notice, no matter how closely you are paying attention to the traffic patterns around you. Negligent drivers place pedestrians in harm’s way each day when they are doing anything that takes their attention away from the act of operating a vehicle.
Common causes of pedestrian accidents can include:
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failure to yield at crosswalks
- Drivers who go around other vehicles that are stopped at crosswalks
- Failure to follow traffic signs, signals, and school zone requirements
- Drivers that back up their vehicles without checking their surroundings
The injuries sustained in pedestrian accidents can be costly, and require a lengthy time away from work, placing a considerable financial strain on you and your family.
Common Injuries Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Can Help Recover Compensation For
No matter how a pedestrian accident occurs, chances are the injuries are going to be significant. Depending on the type of vehicle and the speed it is traveling when it collides with a person, the injuries can be life-changing and require long-term care.
Common injuries that occur during pedestrian accidents can include:
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises
- Crushed or broken bones
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Neck and spine injuries
- Serious head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of mobility or paralysis
Insurance companies will not provide the financial recovery you deserve without a fight, and our accomplished pedestrian accident attorneys in Las Cruces, New Mexico, will provide the representation you need to produce results.
Types of Damages Our Las Cruces Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Can Obtain for You
Each pedestrian accident is unique in its circumstances and injuries, which is why our personal injury attorneys in Las Cruces, New Mexico, focus solely on your personal needs when we represent your case.
Your financial recovery needs will differ from any other pedestrian accident victim, and it is our legal duty to ensure that every detail of your case is fully outlined before our Las Cruces pedestrian accident lawyers seek a settlement on your behalf.
At the Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan, our Las Cruces, New Mexico pedestrian accident lawyers will seek each category of financial recovery that applies to you, specifically, including:
- Medical expenses from the time of the accident until full recovery
- Long-term medical bills, when injuries are so severe they require lifetime care
- Current and future lost wages
- Short- or long-term disability needs
- Partial or full disability requirements
If you are seeking financial recovery on behalf of a loved one who has been injured in a pedestrian accident, our Las Cruces pedestrian accident lawyers will provide the compassionate legal leadership you need to produce results on their behalf, too. If you have tragically lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, our Las Cruces wrongful death attorneys will guide you through the legal process, so you understand how to effectively create a claim against the negligent driver who caused your loss.
How Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Build a Strong Case That Gets Results
The Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan will investigate your pedestrian accident and get to the bottom of what happened. We start by examining reports, identifying witnesses, and conducting interviews. We strive to get as comprehensive information as possible to strengthen your case. Our attorneys know where to look to find evidence regarding whether or not the driver that hit you was speeding, distracted, or operating the vehicle recklessly.
We know what it takes to build a strong case and are ready to fight for you all the way to court, if necessary. However, personal injury claims usually end in settlement.
We determine the total damages you have suffered, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our goal is to help maximize your recovery and help you in this time of need.
If you’ve been injured in an accident as a pedestrian, hire an attorney who specializes in this type of case. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our pedestrian accident lawyers.
Contact our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in New Mexico
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact our Las Cruces pedestrian accident lawyers at (575) 523-2222 to schedule a free case evaluation, and learn how we will pursue the negligent driver for your full financial recovery today.