Las Cruces Truck Accident Lawyer
Our Experienced Las Cruces Truck Accident Lawyer Will Fight For Rightful Compensation
You Can Rely on Our Las Cruces Truck Accident Lawyers
At the Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan, our Las Cruces truck accident lawyers understand that if you have been involved in a collision with a semi-truck or tractor-trailer, you will need help to get the financial recovery you deserve.
For more than 25 years, our Doña Ana County truck accident lawyers have successfully represented those who have been injured and family members who have lost loved ones in 18-wheeler accidents throughout the state. Our attorneys will pursue the proper party who caused your truck crash, whether it is the truck driver, trucking company, or a third-party manufacturer, for your medical expenses, lost wages, and overall needs so you can focus on your recovery.
Choose The Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan for Truck Accident Attorneys With...
- Expertise — Semi-trailer trucks cause more than their fair share of severe highway accidents. Large trucks are inherently dangerous. If you’re involved in a semi-truck accident case, maximize your recovery by hiring a professional truck accident lawyer with a long track record of success in your specific type of accident.
- Experience — Your personal injury case is too important to trust to a new, inexperienced lawyer. Our truck accident attorneys have served New Mexico truckers for over 30 years.
- Success — To help maximize your chances of obtaining a full settlement, the Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan treat each case by itself. As no two cases are the same, we custom-tailor our service to meet the specific needs of each and every case, working diligently to find the best possible solution for you. Read about our past history of success winning cases for injured truck drivers.
Semi-Truck Accident Statistics In New Mexico And Throughout The U.S.
It is difficult to feel safe when driving alongside a tractor-trailer, especially when traveling at a high rate of speed. A passenger vehicle is no match for the size, height, and weight of a semi-truck during an accident, and when a large truck sideswipes or rear-ends a car or SUV, the outcome can be devastating.
Last year throughout the U.S., the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration reported:
- Nearly 475,000 crashes involving tractor-trailer trucks
- 3,864 fatal crashes involving large trucks
- 104,000 injuries reported from semi-truck crashes
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported 379 traffic-related fatalities last year in New Mexico alone; 74 of which occurred during accidents involving large trucks.
A University of New Mexico study recorded that year in New Mexico:
- A semi-truck crash occurred every four hours
- Crashes involving heavy trucks totaled 2,326; the highest level in the past five years
- Large trucks were involved in 5.2% of all traffic crashes in the state but accounted for 10.4% of all traffic fatalities
When negligent truck drivers take the road, accidents can and will occur, injuring our Las Cruces, New Mexico residents without notice. If you have been involved in an accident with a semi-truck, do not face the driver, trucking company, or their insurance representatives alone.
Where Is Large-truck Traffic The Heaviest In Las Cruces, New Mexico?
New Mexico is home to many major interstates that provide commercial transit throughout the state while offering connections between Texas, Arizona, and Colorado, which means tractor-trailers are constantly sharing the roads with passenger vehicles. Unfortunately, the more trucks there are on our roadways, the higher the potential for tractor-trailer truck accidents to occur.
According to the New Mexico Department of Transportation, of the total vehicle traffic counts in our state, the following percentages are semi-trucks:
- Interstate I-10: 30% truck traffic
- Interstate I-25: 22% truck traffic
- Interstate I-40: 30% truck traffic
- 40% of the traffic traveling from Albuquerque to the Texas state line is comprised of tractor-trailer trucks
What Kind of Accidents Can Our Las Cruces Truck Accident Lawyers Help With?
The frequency of tractor-trailer truck accidents provides a startling look at how negligence plays a role in personal injuries. When our clients are injured in semi-truck accidents, they will need an experienced Las Cruces truck accident lawyer to identify the cause of the crash and pinpoint who is responsible to pursue the best financial outcome for their unique case.
Common types of large truck accidents negligence can include:
- Truck driver negligence, which can include:
- Aggressive driving
- Driver fatigue
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Texting while driving
- Unsafe lane movements
- Trucking company negligence, which can include:
- Hiring inexperienced drivers
- Improper training requirements
- Failing to administer random drug tests
- Failure to conduct adequate background checks or review driving records
- Failure to maintain the truck, which can lead to:
- Brake failure
- Defective equipment
- Improper reflectors
- Transmission malfunctions
- Unsafe tires and blowouts
- Damaged straps and tie downs
Negligent behavior by any party who is responsible for the safe travel of these large trucks can lead to dangerous traffic collisions that leave other drivers vulnerable to serious injuries and deadly crashes, including:
Jackknife accidents are typically caused by truck drivers who are speeding or following traffic too closely. When these accidents occur, the trailer of the truck and its contents – which can weigh up to 80,000 pounds – swings around the truck's cab, often causing the contents to spill onto the roadway or end in a rollover.
Underride accidents occur when a semi-truck makes a sudden stop, causing a passenger vehicle to become trapped underneath the trailer.
Unsecured cargo accidents
Unsecured cargo can lead to the contents rolling onto the roadways, causing serious accidents across all traffic patterns. Improperly loaded cargo can also lead to overturned semi-trucks.
At Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan, Our Personal Injury Law Firm Also Focuses On The Following Practice Areas:
Advantages of Hiring a Las Cruces Truck Accident Lawyer for Your Semi-Truck Accident
If you have suffered a personal injury due to a semi-truck accident, you are probably in pain and have a long road of recovery ahead of you. The negligence of the truck driver likely has led to you missing work and having expensive medical bills to pay. It’s essential that you make sure the trucking company and the insurance company pay you the full, fair amount of your claim to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
The trucking company likely has a legal team in place who have experience handling accidents and whose prerogative it is to minimize your compensation. To even the legal playing field, you need experienced semi-truck lawyers on your team to ensure you get what you deserve.
The Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan can help your recovery by representing you in your claim against the negligent truck driver. Working with us can strengthen your case in several ways. We help…
- Conduct an investigation — We collect information as soon as possible, interviewing witnesses and collecting all paperwork to help support your compensation claim as effectively as possible.
- Defend you against insurance companies — The trucking company’s insurers have one goal: to save as much money as possible. You need a lawyer capable and experienced in standing up against large companies and demanding the necessary settlement for your losses.
- Fight against claims of shared liability — One tactic the insurance company may use is to try to blame you for some or all of the accident. New Mexico follows pure comparative negligence laws, meaning that your recovery is based on what percent of blame is put on each party. Our experienced attorneys work to protect your full recovery.
Call Our Las Cruces Semi-Truck Accident Attorney Now
When you have been injured in a crash with a semi-truck, it’s vital that you get legal representation as soon as possible. The experienced team at The Law Offices of Kenneth G. Egan works hard to ensure your claim is settled to your satisfaction. We will be there with you each and every step of the way and are always available for any questions you may have. Our team is extremely proud to have been serving New Mexico drivers for more than 30 years. If you want representation by a top auto accident attorney in Las Cruces, contact us now for a free consultation!